It is currently Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:33 am

Post subject: russian
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:08 pm 

My name is Andrey, I am a software developer and I race crapcan cars. I am working on my own ECU in my spare time (stm32/ChibiOS) but I would love to check what you guys are doing here :)

Post subject: Re: russian
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:37 pm 

Welcome Andrey!

How far along is your project?

We have a couple people here that talk about ARM stuff from time to time who might be interested....but personally I think you should set it aside and jump into MPC56xx stuff :lol:

Welcome.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:44 pm 

mk e wrote:
Welcome Andrey!

How far along is your project?

We have a couple people here that talk about ARM stuff from time to time who might be interested....but personally I think you should set it aside and jump into MPC56xx stuff :lol:

Welcome.

I am planning to look at your code over the weekend and decide it I can afford a $99 board - after all, my board is $14.

Since you have asked, I hope you would not mind a link - http://sourceforge.net/p/rusefi/blog/2013/06/this-project/

I have the car starting & running with rpm/MAF fuel and spark advance table lookup.

I am now trying to reduce the role of these tables by calculating stuff based on VE, which means I have to find a way to build that VE which means right now I am fighting to get more ADC precision, and that's the analog side of this and I hate the analog side of this :)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:23 pm 

Very cool project!

Ok, $14 is a pretty good price for a board. Does it have everything you need (debugger, power, etc) like you get with the $99 5634 board?

What are you using for tuner (PC side)? Something you wrote or ????

No problem at all on a link, and certainly feel free to start a thread in off topic and if there's interest we can make a sub forum.

If you are already using MAF I think going to VE would be a step backwards. We use a form of VE to make it possible for common control code to work with MAF, TPS, or MAP load sensing but if all I wanted was MAF I'd use it directly to calculate the fuel pulse based on a 14.7:1 air/fuel and it should run. You'd still want a lookup to allow different A/F at different conditions, but it would be more fine tuning and and not super critical how often you do the look up.

You'll still want a lookup for spark, and a few other things so for o5e I didn't worry too much that fuel needed the lookup

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:33 pm 

I have my own piece of java code on the PC side (http://code.google.com/p/java-simple-serial-connector/ for serial plus https://kenai.com/projects/steelseries/downloads for gauges plus http://code.google.com/p/surfaceplotter/ for 3D graphs)

VE as in Volumetric Efficiency so that I can calculate the amount of air in the cylinder based on MAP sensor, not the volume air flow sensor. If I understand things right, MAF sensor obstructs the intake airflow a bit so I want to go with MAP to hopefully optimize the intake.

But right now that's just a plan - right now I have four noisy inputs I need to analyze with some math I still have to research.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:44 pm 

Yes, an MAF causes some restriction so performance guys tend to hate them but OEM's love them for their accuracy. We use a form of VE so certainly feel free to have a look and grab anything helpful.

Our Reference_VE is calculate in Load_Ops.c/h
Fuel pulse in Engine_Ops.c/h

Sensor inputs processed in:
Variable_Ops.c/h
We just us a simple smoothing at the moment but haven't actually run an engine so we may need to make some changes.

The HW being developed
viewforum.php?f=37
Might be of interest to you as it uses a plug on processor board

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:16 pm 

Welcome, russian.

I'm one of those ARM people mk e (a.k.a. Mark) mentioned.

I became interested in O5E because of its open development platform. My thought was to port it to work with a TI LM3S8962 dev kit. I had other issues to sort out and was talked out of that. Combine that with my lack of experience with the PPC architecture... and ARM for that matter... and that didn't happen. But I am very interested in O5E because, if everything works as hoped, it'll bring top shelf ECU technology to anyone, at a price point very competitive with any aftermarket system out there.

The TRK board is a development system, not really intended to operate an engine... but then again neither is an STM324F Discovery board. ;)

If you have noisy / jittery ADC, maybe a capacitor or two on the input to the ADC would help... maybe 0.1uf between the signal and ground. I would expect similar filtering on any chip in the system. Check the datasheets for the things you're using to see if there are any specific requirements or suggestions the manufacturer gives.

And once again, welcome!

My O5E candidate: 1982 Honda CX500TC motorcycle.