It is currently Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:40 am



Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: refactoring ideas
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:16 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 11, 2013 9:45 am
Posts: 729
Location: PA, USA
russian wrote:
mk e wrote:
where new and meaningless variables "rpm" and "reference_ve" are created

The real variables are "RPM" and "Reference_VE".. I'll go through and swap them all out and see what I get.


Wait a sec, these are NOT variables - these are method parameters! While this method is invoked, the variables are passed as parameter values.


I see what you're saying....let me have another look this morning and see if I can find exactly where things go wrong.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: refactoring ideas
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:31 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 11, 2013 9:45 am
Posts: 729
Location: PA, USA
mk e wrote:

I see what you're saying....let me have another look this morning and see if I can find exactly where things go wrong.


Minor issue which is now sorted and pushed up to mark_5634.

Accel-Decel_Corr was a slightly different style and was returning a 0...as in 0 correction but the pulse width was being multiplied by the 0 with the obvious result.

I re-styled Accel_Decel to return a 1 for 0 correction like the other functions and all is right with the fuel world again.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: refactoring ideas
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:59 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:04 pm
Posts: 57
Location: Jersey City, NJ
mk e wrote:
I re-styled Accel_Decel to return a 1 for 0 correction like the other functions and all is right with the fuel world again.

Got it.

What is the plan on pushing these changes to 'master' branch?

_________________
another open ecu


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: refactoring ideas
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 11, 2013 9:45 am
Posts: 729
Location: PA, USA
russian wrote:

What is the plan on pushing these changes to 'master' branch?


Well, if it's on my branch that means I accepted it and it's ready to go on the next move....so it's qued for master.

I still have work left to do on the optional outputs so I haven't done the a full system test like I do before a master push and as far as I know no one else has tested it either which I prefer to have before a master push.

I'm thinking about the end of the year there will be a lot of new code in place (your stuff, optional outs, flash and com work) and it will be time for a top to bottom test by 2-3 people followed by a push to master in preparation for the start of the 5634 processor board design activity.....and running car shortly there after :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: refactoring ideas
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:04 pm
Posts: 57
Location: Jersey City, NJ
mk e wrote:
I still have work left to do on the optional outputs so I haven't done the a full system test like I do before a master push and as far as I know no one else has tested it either which I prefer to have before a master push.


Sounds like some way to test individual pieces of the code is needed, just to make testing and changing code cheaper. In rusEfi my approach to this is making some of the files so platform-independent that I can compile these files in win32 environment, feed test data into them and get expected result as output - https://svn.code.sf.net/p/rusefi/code/t ... ation_3d.c

_________________
another open ecu


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: refactoring ideas
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 11, 2013 9:45 am
Posts: 729
Location: PA, USA
russian wrote:

Sounds like some way to test individual pieces of the code is needed, just to make testing and changing code cheaper. In rusEfi my approach to this is making some of the files so platform-independent that I can compile these files in win32 environment, feed test data into them and get expected result as output - https://svn.code.sf.net/p/rusefi/code/t ... ation_3d.c


Yes, and we have that basic approach setup in o5e too to allow new models or changes to existing ones to be tested independently. That is what I do before I push to development.....but for master I still like to see the whole system work as a system.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Theme designed by stylerbb.net © 2008
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]