It is currently Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:58 pm

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: (Lo)ader(Du)mpe(r) for MPC5xxx devices via FT232R adapter
PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:41 pm 

I went and retrieved this :

As promised: https://bitbucket.org/EssEss/lodur

Download the executable and browse the source. If you use it and find an issue or really, really need an enhancement email me. I rarely have the bandwidth to check the forum.

I'm hoping to get more feedback - I want to know if it's used (or unusable) before I invest more time in it. For now I'm going to take a little break and do some firmware.

Usage: lodur {srecord filename}

Mark can fill you in on how to connect your adapters up to your dev board. I know I'm probably missing more information that you may need, I'll watch the thread for a couple of days to make sure you get your answer.

Enjoy.

.bmx == BlitzMax, my new prototyping language of choice. Found it about a month ago and ran with it.
It is crossplatform, and I do have plans to exercise that - but only if the demand is high enough. Most of the world uses windows, so that's what I target.

This is useless for CTU - it won't be able to manipulate the reset/bootcfg1 lines. Any CTU hardware you do decide to go ahead and make, I won't mind building in support for it on lodur, but it won't be as 'automatic'. I'm glad to see that my CTU schem was useful to someone! I plan on revisiting it when the need arises, otherwise I'll just let my proto sit in my box of projects.

I just found the paper napkin hookup diagram that I sent Mark - so I just attached it here for everyone to duplicate and adapt to their board. You'll have to google the schem for the UM232R module for the full hookup diagram - I didn't bother duplicating that since the info is out there on the inet. You'll also need FT_Prog from FTDI to setup the default cbus pin behavior. I'll make a template that you can import into that program to modify your 232R (I'll attach it later).

FT_Prog template attached - direct .xml attachment is not allowed, so it's zipped.

Sean wrote some test code to blink an LED

https://bitbucket.org/EssEss/blinky

Attachments:
lodur_template.zip [834 Bytes]
Downloaded 507 times
Lodur.JPG
Lodur.JPG [ 397.03 KiB | Viewed 8511 times ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]