It is currently Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:23 am

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: o5e board project
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:52 pm 

well that all that you can do with that, the SLD20-018 looks like the best choice the TPSMD-17 is not good, if you looking for a surface mode try the TPSMD22A is more equivalent to the SLD20-018 some note you provably need a unidirectional and the sld20-18 is bidirectional.

Remember that the polifuse works completely different as a standard line fuse, that doesn't help with over current, they only works if for mistake connect the wrong polarity or short circuit that's why you always going to need a standard fuse line and circuit breaker. the 1812L150/24MR is the one.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:50 pm 

OK, bi-directional not needed TVS not needed. I am curious though why you want the higher voltage spec than 17 volts?

The system base chip is rated to 40V for load dump transient, so we could go as high as 24V, like the SLD22U-17 or SLD24U-17?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:39 am 

17 volts is ok, but i found that some guys want to use trigger chargers sometimes and i see 18v on those chargers sometimes, you will receive a call every time someone try to jump start there cars.
And yes you need the TVS, i seen some crazy guys connecting the battery in the wrong polarity.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 1:28 pm 

I typo'ed:

Quote:
OK, bi-directional not needed TVS not needed.

meant to say bi-directional not needed. This TVS is not for ESD protection it is for positive spikes on the power line. The bi-directional seems to me to have some advantages, it cannot be put in backwards and it will not conduct when the battery is backwards.

I don't think the polyfuse is adequate to protect the SLD or the board and wiring if the battery is connected backwards. The polyfuse is only rated 20A max., it's too bad because the 12V polyfuse is rated 100A.

Another issue here is that it looks like the SLD part we want is not available easily. We can get 16V or 24V from Digikey or Mouser. The other values have an 11 week lead time.

The important thing is to have the footprint on the board. We can change our mind about 16V or 24V later or bi-directional vs. uni-directional. I am still thinking bi-directional though. I have a series diode on the positive line at the moment to provide protection. This may not be enough though, I have to check the smart driver IC datasheets...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:05 pm 

Yes, we can try all this, not need to be over design. for me looks good everything, that you say, lets try it and put it under load to see what happen R&D QA. :)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:40 pm 

Hey, do you have a good Power supply design that you can share with me?
I'm doing some kind of shield for the TKR and need something good.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 4:06 pm 

porelmundo wrote:
Hey, do you have a good Power supply design that you can share with me?
I'm doing some kind of shield for the TKR and need something good.

Surprised no one answered this.

If you don't mind an automated thing, go here and fill out some things on the WEBENCH Designer and it'll whip up something for you. On the pages that follow, you can select topologies, qualifications, and get a schematic and BOM.

Note- Adobe Flash browser integration required.

My O5E candidate: 1982 Honda CX500TC motorcycle.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6