It is currently Mon May 21, 2018 6:46 am

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Project ecu.
PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:07 pm 

russian wrote:

Hope I did not miss any of the questions:

Right now I do not have any o5e compatible hardware so eventually I will need to gather all the pieces I guess in order to start the code on the real vehicle.

We are using software to drive outputs like sparks and fuel, so we should support as many as we have available pins. While we are still using stm32f4discovery board I would guess that would be give or take 40 outputs if we need so many.

I was afraid adding additional software driven outputs would lead to a loss of time keeping at some point, I just had no idea where that point might be......

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:17 pm 

mk e wrote:
I was afraid adding additional software driven outputs would lead to a loss of time keeping at some point, I just had no idea where that point might be......

I have looked into different approaches to SW implementation. A complete software implementation on top of the rtos we use is not precise enough, so we have a hybrid solution - we have one hardware timer which handles all the outputs programmatically.
So, one HW timer -> one callback with HW precision, but with a complex callback handler which decides if any of the pins should be toggles.

I have checked the precision of this approach with a prototype and we are currently working on the implementation for the master branch.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:23 pm 

russian wrote:
mk e wrote:

I have looked into different approaches to SW implementation. A complete software implementation on top of the rtos we use is not precise enough, so we have a hybrid solution - we have one hardware timer which handles all the outputs programmatically.
So, one HW timer -> one callback with HW precision, but with a complex callback handler which decides if any of the pins should be toggles.

I have checked the precision of this approach with a prototype and we are currently working on the implementation for the master branch.

You send me a file some time back that looked to be at least as good as your logic probe.

I guess I was still worried that as load (# channels) went up latency would go up and accuracy, particularly accuracy to crank position would slip and you would want to specify a max number of channels....and that would help Rob understand what HW would go best with your code.

If there is no concern then I guess "one of each please" would be the answer :)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:21 am 

Hi there.
Could you tell me please what type of connectors you used and where can I get such a nice case?

Kind Regards

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:24 am 

kinkazu wrote:
Hi there.
Could you tell me please what type of connectors you used and where can I get such a nice case?

Kind Regards

Welcome!

unfortunately the answers are no and no :(

Rob has a lot of time and effort invested in his designs and is not willing to share details that would allow others to easily copy them.

Hopefully though we will find something nice for the frankenECU project that we can share the detail on.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:39 pm 

Thank you :) I wish to be able to copy your project :) and I wish to be able to sell it after that. Different case and different connector wouldn't be a problem in such a case.
Anyway, thank you for honest answer.
Good luck

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:01 am 

kinkazu wrote:
Thank you :) I wish to be able to copy your project :) and I wish to be able to sell it after that. Different case and different connector wouldn't be a problem in such a case.
Anyway, thank you for honest answer.
Good luck

Hope I'm not stepping on many toes here...

Options for connectors include, but are not limited to, Tyco / TE Connectivity "Ampseal" (as used on Microsquirt and others), and Molex / FCI "CMC" type connectors. But the CMC have a limited 'connect / disconnect' rating from what I can tell. There are others around but are not at the tip of my tongue at the moment, for obvious reasons.

Cinch is a common supplier for some enclosures and they offer a few options for connectors as well.

Tyco / TE also has an enclosure using a 25 pin connector similar to early Bosch Motronic (VW / Audi / BMW and others), but it is not easily obtainable- I had to commit to order dozens before sales would even talk to me about it.

My O5E candidate: 1982 Honda CX500TC motorcycle.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2