It is currently Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:21 am

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Crank position set up
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 12:43 am 

Crank position set up:

I was trying to understand completely what all this means, the wheel that i'm using is this one:
Attachment:
TW_L28ET-600x600.jpg
TW_L28ET-600x600.jpg [ 24.29 KiB | Viewed 4815 times ]

i Know all the facts about this wheel and i already get a good RPM from this arrangement, all i want to do is to be sure what all this means.
it is a 12-1 wheel means that each tooth have 30 degrees spacing. I just what that everything that i configure already makes sense.

Rob

Post subject: Re: Crank position set up
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 3:20 pm 

Sorry for the delay and double sorry I may have someehting not quite right in my answer.....I still don't have a system running again.

your 12-1 has 11 physical teeth so you want to enter 11 and select 1 missing

The cam window is for noise rejection......30 degrees should work but you can go up to 360

I"m recalling a degrees before TDC....that is tooth one to TDC and in theory can be 0-720 but 15-270 work best if I recall.

Then cam to tooth 1....I forget what we ask for there....I think it's degees before tooth 1

if you can post a screen shot it would help or I'll try to fing time to get runing so I can see ....it's just been so long at this point.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:27 pm 

This is the window, please comment according to the trigger photo.

Attachments:
Cranksetup.jpg
Cranksetup.jpg [ 86.71 KiB | Viewed 4796 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:58 am 

Ok, everyhtign I said was basically right.

11 teeth and 1 missing tooth as you have

Missing to to #1 TDC. You need cam, then the next missing tooth is 0 degrees in the eTPU...but that is not a very helpful reference so we create a new reference at #1 TDC. Here you enter the number of degrees that are eTPU 0 to #1 TDC. ...again, the oder is cam, missing tooth and eTPU 0 is set on teh tooth 1.....then you need to see how far from tooth 1 to #1 TDC and it can be up to 719.9 degrees.

Cam before missing tooth. Looking at your wheel this is a little trouble for you perhaps depending where exactly you sensors are located. For some reason I had trouble with a cam pulse that comes right after the missing tooth, at the same time worked but rigth after was a problem so I set te inptu to not accept 270.1-360, which cam coming is 90 degrees after a missing tooth.

If your sensors are both together you can select rising/falling edge to to use the edge of the window that is just before the missing tooth and set the inptu to 30 and it should work for you. If the sensors are separate and in different locations you'll need to measure it and hopefully you are not in the problem zone. The newest eTPU code probably fixes this but it's not loaded into o5e yet so ....lets hope you're ok :)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]