It is currently Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:57 pm

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: 208 Turbo install
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:18 pm 

Welcome RENNprd!

Let's start a new topic for this thread, I think this can be a large discussion on it's own, there are several areas to this. I'm not an admin here so could you start the thread and enlarge on you're question a bit? One answer would be that there are several inexpensive demo boards avaialable from Freescale that have USB to JTAG converters on them...

What are you trying to accomplish?

Post subject: Re: 208 Turbo install
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:03 pm 

Quote:
Anyone, here experience with JTAG programming the MPC5634M 144-pin LGFP

Doubt if anyone here has actually used it for anything other than re-flashing. FS JTAG/OnCE is common to all Qorivva processors but not used on any other FS product line which is what created the opportunity for vendors to sell $199 adapters to support only basic JTAG functions (Nexus Class 1). There are probably cheap JTAG adapters out there for some ARM based processors for less than $10.

Member Blown7 did extensive reverse engineering of the code for Mopar units based on the 5554. Don't know if he was using the ICE features though. Blown7 is the only DIYer of whom I've ever heard or read who owned not just one but 2x Cyclone MAX at the same time. He once had either a blog or web pages which chronicled his efforts. Very interesting reading and an object lesson for anyone contemplating that path. I've lost the link to it but if it's still out there and someone reading this knows of it please post the link.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2