It is currently Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:00 pm

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: o5e developer need for contract work
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:17 pm 

Hello all,
My team is looking at various options for a low cost ECU for a motorsports application. We are evaluating ALL options at this time and thought we would look at the open source channels as a potential option.

As a motorsports venture, we are needing OEM quality hardware at a minimum. Usually in motorsports we would run Motec or Bosch, but do to the need to keep expenses down for this series, we are looking at all possible avenues. We have many contacts with OEM ECU vendors, the problem is software development. These solutions all still require writing the control software from the ground up and at $50k just for the SDK's it kills that possibility.

We would like to discuss with an o5e developer that possibility and availability of taking a short term contract (paid) to get o5e running on OEM quality hardware with our additional needs in the firmware, e.g. pit speed limiting, CANBUS communication, some level of black box functionality, ECU lock-out or tamper resistance at the firmware level, etc.

There is the additional possibility we could do a production run of Mike Garrad's (at Freescale) ECU design with o5e software if the cards fall into place.

I emailed Mark (at his Comcast address), but haven't heard back anything yet.

If anyone would like to talk about this, please email me at motorsports@eferi.com

Thanks!
Mike

Post subject: Re: o5e developer need for contract work
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:57 am 

Mike,
never got your email...sorry.

PM me and I'll share contacts of people who might be interested in working with you.

Mark

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]