It is currently Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:44 am



Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Nissan FJ20
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 5:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:25 pm
Posts: 51
I think this is going to be a easy install my requirement will be just a few.
its start with Nissan FJ20DE with ITb's, im using a standard CAS with a modified wheel and is installed on a 240SX S13 1995.
so this is basically what i need:

Crank signal (12-1)
Cam: 1 tooth
IAT GM
Coolant temperature GM
TPS
4 COP coils (logic outputs)
4 injector drivers hi-z
Lunch control
Tach output
Fan control
fuel pump on/off

Optional:
WBo2 controller
4 EGT's
CAN Connection

Basically that's all i need, software it's something else cos i think that i will be running alpha-n for my ITB's (or something similar)

Thank you for your support,

Rob


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Nissan FJ20
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 7:58 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 11, 2013 9:45 am
Posts: 729
Location: PA, USA
Everything on the need list looks ok except the traction control....there's no code for that yet.

Do you have a WB like an innovative or something that spits out a 0-5V signal?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Nissan FJ20
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 10:08 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:25 pm
Posts: 51
mk e wrote:
Everything on the need list looks ok except the traction control....there's no code for that yet.


Well i don't need the traction control provably the launch control is all i need.

mk e wrote:
Do you have a WB like an innovative or something that spits out a 0-5V signal?


yeah it's all good, i have a LM-2 that i can use, thanks.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Nissan FJ20
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 10:31 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 11, 2013 9:45 am
Posts: 729
Location: PA, USA
porelmundo wrote:
mk e wrote:
Everything on the need list looks ok except the traction control....there's no code for that yet.


Well i don't need the traction control provably the launch control is all i need.


Traction or launch is not that hard...depending on what you're talking about exactly

Launch control as in staging rpm?
Launch control as in controlling wheel spin to a different % slip than normal traction control situation?
Launch control as in enrichment to help spool a turbo on the line?

Currently o5e has none of them and some are easier than others to add depending on what additional sensors might be needed.

Also, just getting an engine running is the first step...can we focus on getting you up and running then talk about adding launch control?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Nissan FJ20
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 10:32 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 11, 2013 9:45 am
Posts: 729
Location: PA, USA
Also,
what type of sensors do you have on your crank and cam? Hall or VR?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Nissan FJ20
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 1:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:25 pm
Posts: 51
For me sound like a plan, only need that the car start for now, Launch control will be only for staging RPM, this car is not turbo, the category that will be running is a none turbo class, the input will be a simple momentary switch on the clutch pedal, works on launch and when shifting gears and just can be active low to the processor so no sensors for traction control at this stage need it.
My actual CAS have both Hall optic sensors the array is a 12-1 with one on the cam.
as this picture, it's real a 24-1-1 but at cam speed will be 12-1.


Attachments:
TW-SR20-600x600.jpg
TW-SR20-600x600.jpg [ 26.82 KiB | Viewed 9470 times ]
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Nissan FJ20
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 12:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 11, 2013 9:45 am
Posts: 729
Location: PA, USA
Sounds easy enough then.

Have you looked at the o5e code or successfully cloned the repository yet? Getting you HW would help if you can load fixes....we won't get far until we cross this bridge.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Nissan FJ20
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 7:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:25 pm
Posts: 51
o5e code successfully cloned, looking and studying the code right now!!

Thanks


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Nissan FJ20
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 9:27 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 11, 2013 9:45 am
Posts: 729
Location: PA, USA
porelmundo wrote:
o5e code successfully cloned, looking and studying the code right now!!

Thanks


Well done!

We need ot get some HW in your hands. The development board lets you "run" connected to Tuner studio and simulate a lot of stuff. then the Dev board gets jumpered to some I/O stuff and your ready for real testing.

Marcus has my loaner setup, I'll get it back then out to you.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Nissan FJ20
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 5:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:25 pm
Posts: 51
mk e wrote:
We need ot get some HW in your hands. The development board lets you "run" connected to Tuner studio and simulate a lot of stuff. then the Dev board gets jumpered to some I/O stuff and your ready for real testing.

Marcus has my loaner setup, I'll get it back then out to you.


Sound like a plan for me!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Nissan FJ20
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 7:18 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 11, 2013 9:45 am
Posts: 729
Location: PA, USA
porelmundo wrote:
mk e wrote:
We need ot get some HW in your hands. The development board lets you "run" connected to Tuner studio and simulate a lot of stuff. then the Dev board gets jumpered to some I/O stuff and your ready for real testing.

Marcus has my loaner setup, I'll get it back then out to you.


Sound like a plan for me!


The HW is on it's way back to me. I'm not sure if there is a spare 5634 dev board as Marcus wants to hang onto one until his HW is functioning and I don't recall if I sent him 2...I think just 1. I have one 1 here at the moment but once I send it I'll have none.

Do you have any interest in buying a $99 5634 dev board? If not I'll track another one down somewhere/somehow.

Mark


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Nissan FJ20
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 11:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:25 pm
Posts: 51
Well it's ok with me to buy a new one, but if you can send yours as soon as I get back
From some competitions that I am right now I can buy it for you.

Rob


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Nissan FJ20
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 5:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 11, 2013 9:52 am
Posts: 304
Location: Over here, doing 'over here' things.
mk e wrote:
The HW is on it's way back to me. I'm not sure if there is a spare 5634 dev board as Marcus wants to hang onto one until his HW is functioning and I don't recall if I sent him 2...I think just 1. I have one 1 here at the moment but once I send it I'll have none.

Do you have any interest in buying a $99 5634 dev board? If not I'll track another one down somewhere/somehow.

Mark
If the need arises, I can put in my TRK board if someone can cover shipping.

_________________
/me goes off to the corner feeling like Jerry Springer with a mullet.

My O5E candidate: 1982 Honda CX500TC motorcycle.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Nissan FJ20
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 7:16 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 11, 2013 9:45 am
Posts: 729
Location: PA, USA
abecedarian wrote:
mk e wrote:
The HW is on it's way back to me. I'm not sure if there is a spare 5634 dev board as Marcus wants to hang onto one until his HW is functioning and I don't recall if I sent him 2...I think just 1. I have one 1 here at the moment but once I send it I'll have none.

Do you have any interest in buying a $99 5634 dev board? If not I'll track another one down somewhere/somehow.

Mark
If the need arises, I can put in my TRK board if someone can cover shipping.


That's very generous...I may take you up on that!

Mark


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Nissan FJ20
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 6:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 11, 2013 9:52 am
Posts: 304
Location: Over here, doing 'over here' things.
mk e wrote:
abecedarian wrote:
mk e wrote:
The HW is on it's way back to me. I'm not sure if there is a spare 5634 dev board as Marcus wants to hang onto one until his HW is functioning and I don't recall if I sent him 2...I think just 1. I have one 1 here at the moment but once I send it I'll have none.

Do you have any interest in buying a $99 5634 dev board? If not I'll track another one down somewhere/somehow.

Mark
If the need arises, I can put in my TRK board if someone can cover shipping.


That's very generous...I may take you up on that!

Mark

I'm currently "unemployed" so I'd rather see it go to good use than gathering dust.

_________________
/me goes off to the corner feeling like Jerry Springer with a mullet.

My O5E candidate: 1982 Honda CX500TC motorcycle.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Nissan FJ20
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 1:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:55 am
Posts: 112
Location: Massachusetts, USA
I did send the 5634 dev board back. There was only one of those modules. I kept a 5602 and the Monoco ECU boards. Neither of these will run the current code, so I'd like to put fixes in to allow that.

With the 5634 dev board and the MS3X boards that also went back you should be able to set up a functioning ECU, at least I think that is Mark's plan.

I held on to a couple of crank sensors, a trigger wheel and a fuel pump. I assume you don't need the sensor or trigger wheel but maybe you do need the pump? If any of that is useful, I'll send those too.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Nissan FJ20
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 6:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:25 pm
Posts: 51
Horizenjob wrote:
I held on to a couple of crank sensors, a trigger wheel and a fuel pump. I assume you don't need the sensor or trigger wheel but maybe you do need the pump? If any of that is useful, I'll send those too.


You mean fuel pump driver?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Nissan FJ20
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 12:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 11, 2013 9:45 am
Posts: 729
Location: PA, USA
porelmundo wrote:
Horizenjob wrote:
I held on to a couple of crank sensors, a trigger wheel and a fuel pump. I assume you don't need the sensor or trigger wheel but maybe you do need the pump? If any of that is useful, I'll send those too.


You mean fuel pump driver?


Nope, I sent him an actual universal fuel pump cause he din't have one and I had one sitting on the shelf doing nothing.

Do you already have relays for stuff like fuel pumps? Then MS3x boards have injector capable drivers.....1 or 2A each I guess then like 6 other .5A outputs I think it is, an then lowish power TTL logic level for your coils.

I'm thinking you only need 1 board...,,but they only have a like 3 analog conditioners so you might want 2 unless we can find another cheaper solution for the analog inputs.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Nissan FJ20
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 7:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:25 pm
Posts: 51
Ok, so I'm back from competition, ready for testing, what we need to this point?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Nissan FJ20
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 8:37 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 11, 2013 9:45 am
Posts: 729
Location: PA, USA
porelmundo wrote:
Ok, so I'm back from competition, ready for testing, what we need to this point?


We need me to actually ship you the stuff that marcus shipped me last week. I've been really distracted so I apologize :oops:

I think I have everything you'll need...I'll try to get the box out tomorrow or Thurs at the latest.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Nissan FJ20
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 2:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:55 am
Posts: 112
Location: Massachusetts, USA
Hi Rob,

Haven't seen any activity on the forum, just wondering if you''re still around?

I'm not sure if you wrote any introduction, so I'm curious what kind of electronics work you do. Do you have experience with KiCad? That's the tool I'm using now. I started with Altium but wanted something cheaper and more open source suitable.

Are you familiar with the Freescale products we're using? My board is 5634, but I have a desire to migrate up to the next generation chip one of these days.

There are some reference schematics for the 5634, both for the devel board and demo ECU, have you looked at them?

Cheers,
Marcus


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Nissan FJ20
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 8:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:25 pm
Posts: 51
Yes I'm here close looking at everything and reading a lot about new technology and yes I'm very familiar with KiCad and Eagle, I use it for prototyping very often, now I'm working with some automatic transmission controllers for racing cars, they have a display and have a automatic/manual shift for racing application, i have already 4 cars running on this controllers without any bad comments (can send you a unit if you curious about it).
Right now i have a few people are asking me on a new project with ECU but i have nothing to comment yet, people trust me here on my work, so they offered me as a testing platform, but i been studding a lot of possibilities without using a close source ECU, I want something new and with a lot of possibilities.
In other comment I'm a little frustrated that it looks like no one have time for a proper support for this project, possibly its the best project around but man, you need some help and focus on something and try to see as a complete project, I'm provably not the best guy on this but i believe that we can do something really good if we propose to, so the question to you is; what is the purpose of this project if we don't have the time to support it?. Don't take me bad is just my mind thinking.
Lets do something cool, what do you need, how i can help, let migrate to the best.

Rob


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Nissan FJ20
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:55 am
Posts: 112
Location: Massachusetts, USA
Hi Rob, sorry for the slow reply - I'm just finishing up doing some spring stuff. I'm going to put a few days in on the board now.

I think the best way forward is what Mark is suggesting. FIgure a way to use the boards he is sending you to get your motor to run. It would be a big victory just to get it to idle. I need to work on the boards files for a few days and decide wether to just assemble what I have or do another spin on the board and assemble that. When the proto boards are assembled I'll send you one.

We should talk about what you need to run your engine. My first spin on the ECU was to run a simple V8. Maybe though we can do some compromises and make sure you get a good setup for your motor too. Basically what that comes down to was I intended to do 8 coil drivers, but I might be just as happy with wasted spark and 4 coil drivers. That would leave more space to put some generic lower power drivers on it.

My project has 2 boards, one for the CPU and another for the actual drivers. SO I don't need to change the more difficult CPU board to do this.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Nissan FJ20
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 11, 2013 9:45 am
Posts: 729
Location: PA, USA
porelmundo wrote:
In other comment I'm a little frustrated that it looks like no one have time for a proper support for this project, possibly its the best project around but man, you need some help and focus on something and try to see as a complete project, I'm provably not the best guy on this but i believe that we can do something really good if we propose to, so the question to you is; what is the purpose of this project if we don't have the time to support it?. Don't take me bad is just my mind thinking.
Lets do something cool, what do you need, how i can help, let migrate to the best.

Rob


I know :(

Spring is always tough for me and I'm also trying to finally finish the frankenFerrari and also changing jobs and which has made it much MUCH worse than normal...I do apologize.

Yes, we need to get you up and running!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Nissan FJ20
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:23 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:25 pm
Posts: 51
Horizenjob wrote:
We should talk about what you need to run your engine. My first spin on the ECU was to run a simple V8.

I will not say simple, if you want something good you want to shoot hi, at least on the hardware part, you want to do it right the first time, you don't want to do jumpers for extra functionalities.

Quote:
Maybe though we can do some compromises and make sure you get a good setup for your motor too.
Well my motor is very simple to run just 4 injectors, 4 coils, ITb's, 12-1 wheel and that's it, but i'm thinking also to run my 2jz gte vvti and for that that we need some other stuff, from close loop vvti, boost control, and a couple of pwm's


Quote:
Basically what that comes down to was I intended to do 8 coil drivers, but I might be just as happy with wasted spark and 4 coil drivers. That would leave more space to put some generic lower power drivers on it.


Running wasted spark is a happy solution but if you do a external 4 coil driver let say you can duplicate the driver and you have 8 as you need, main board need to be designed for that option.

Quote:
My project has 2 boards, one for the CPU and another for the actual drivers. SO I don't need to change the more difficult CPU board to do this.


Modular setup is is been always my idea, but need to be very careful with connections and noise. need reliable connectors.

What i think here is for who are intended a aftermarket ecu? there only a few who want to convert a old engine to EFI, there less people who want to play with there own cars so thats only left to people that demands more from there cars, engine swaps, racing cars etc. so why make it simple, if you want something simple provably the processor is a overkill, software is another thing but that can mature with time, what I'm trying to say is that we need to think big. Who want to run old engines or old technology? at least here in this island everybody is running new engines and most of them are turbo and most of them wants more than 300 HP no matter if they run a 1300cc suzuki engine, meaning that we need to talk about a full package, vvvti outputs, boost control, launch etc etc because at the end, performance is what people are looking.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Theme designed by stylerbb.net © 2008
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]