It is currently Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:51 pm

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: O57T: IDE - Code Composer Studio
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:34 pm 

TI provides Code Composer Studio (CCS) for developing programs with their processors.

CCS is a rather comprehensive development environment including features such as code writing, debugging and such, and is based on the open source Eclipse IDE. It does however require registration with TI for download and is subject to export restrictions.

CCS is free to use with certain types of debugging / JTAG hardware, in this case, XDS100 class debuggers, which are low-end devices. This type of hardware can be purchased from various vendors, is included on many TI and related 3rd party boards; schematics and such are available for incorporation into your own hardware.

In the case of the TMS570 LaunchPad boards, such a device is included on the board. This "free" license allows unrestricted code size, within the constraints of the target processor of course.

Higher performing debuggers are available but use of these would require purchasing the appropriate license for CCS.

CCS, out of the box, comes with TI engineered compiler and debugger facilities; GNU ARM tools can be downloaded from within CCS as well.

If desired, CCS can also be equipped to work with TI's Cortex-M3, Cortex-M4 and other ARM processors as well as their MSP430 series and others.

Various libraries are also available including ARM CMSIS DSP libraries for Cortex-R4.

Feel free to discuss. Any questions posed I will find the answers for.

My O5E candidate: 1982 Honda CX500TC motorcycle.

Post subject: Re: O57T: IDE - Code Composer Studio
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:41 am 

Is there a free license for the Delfino or Piccolino or 281x series DSC-s?

Post subject: Re: O57T: IDE - Code Composer Studio
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:54 pm 

gyurma wrote:
Is there a free license for the Delfino or Piccolino or 281x series DSC-s?

I'm not familiar with the C2xxx series / TMS320 parts so I do not know. Might be better to ask on the TI E2E forums for the processor family you're looking at.

My O5E candidate: 1982 Honda CX500TC motorcycle.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]