It is currently Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:55 pm

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: No activity
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:43 am 

Looks like, no activity in this forum or people change priorities with other stuff, perhaps move to a different forum, what about some people who was developing new hardware, software updates?

Post subject: Re: No activity
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:39 am 

I know :(

I'm not sure where Marcus is on his HW...I'll shoot him an email this morning

o5e was basically been hold hold for 2-3 years now waiting for someone to actually try it on an engine....I'm quite certain it will work but without testing it just sits.

Spring always means yard work for me so my 3-4 weeks of no fun. I am still planning to tune up the o5e code to match my enginelab project and try it....but my engine needs to be running first and I have some leaks to fix before it's ready to try again.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:57 pm 

What about that re flash to the Denso ECU? MT88 or E-78

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:55 am 

porelmundo wrote:
What about that re flash to the Denso ECU? MT88 or E-78

Honestly? Those project have basically zero chance of success because its WAY more work than starting from scratch and requires specialized tools and skills that the people talking about them don't appear to have. Those are massive projects.

The project with the very VERY best change of success is the least sexy...the frankenECU.

Marcus gave me an update on his project......it's moving, just moving slowly. He has obtained what he thinks is a working engine to test with so thats good....to date no one involved in o5e has had that.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:26 am 

Well, I have few engines to test right now, but i don't see a MSX board as a option, i can design something more practical in no time. keep me inform. i will be working on one of my engines with El Russo that is the best option right now for me, but i have a Drift/Rally Car that i can explore some other, I work with this every day new installs and tunes so will be easy to test.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:25 pm 

porelmundo wrote:
Well, I have few engines to test right now, but i don't see a MSX board as a option, i can design something more practical in no time.

I guarantee you cannot, not even close.

You could have a frankenECU up and working in under a week and all but about 4 hours of that time is waiting for parts to arrive which you can use to get familiar with the firmware and make any specific changes you're project will need.

There is no reason in the world for anyone to be designing HW at this stage in the project, what needs to happen is someone needs to test it. If you're willing to do the testing I can lend you parts to test...and you would be the 4th person I've sent stuff to, the other 3 never bothered to assemble or test anything.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:45 pm 

Ok, who know.

If you have the parts I can install it on my nissan FJ24 right away and see what happen, is a engine that was running on MS3 (my Rally car), i already load the ini into tunerstudio to see what we got so that is a start. let me know what you need now.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:23 am 

porelmundo wrote:
Ok, who know.

If you have the parts I can install it on my nissan FJ24 right away and see what happen, is a engine that was running on MS3 (my Rally car), i already load the ini into tunerstudio to see what we got so that is a start. let me know what you need now.

If you're willing to give it a go I'll get the parts on their way...PM me your address

Also maybe start a thread here:
viewforum.php?f=50

with all the specifics
What sensors
what crank/cam setups (we are limited on what we can support)
coils
injectors
other outputs you absolutely need and maybe also what you'd like

anything you can think of and we'll figure out if we can get you up and running with o5e

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]